Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Vegas Bound!

I'm heading to Vegas for a few days, to celebrate the 10th anniversary of one of my very best friends in true Vegas style.  She's the inspiration behind the Elspeth tiara:


She's smart and funny and insightful and determined and kind and beautiful and strong and everything you could ever want in a friend.  I can't wait to go spend a few days in Las Vegas with her, celebrating 10 years of her marriage, complete with an Elvis-officiated vow renewal.

I wanted to do a little something special for this very notable event, and I remembered the favors that they gave out at their wedding included a recipe card, with a favorite cookie recipe from each side of the family.

Scottish shortbread from the bride...


...and Biscochelos from the groom.


That's the original favor/recipe card from their wedding!  It's had a place of honor in my recipe box these last ten years.


Just a little sweet treat to show that I cherish and remember that happy day, and am so delighted to be honoring these past ten years and looking forward to many more.


I hope they like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment