Friday, September 24, 2010

Edible Favors = Favors Worth Giving

Jillian over at the Catch My Party blog recently posted about edible favors, and I agree completely with everything she says.  I've been a big fan of consumable favors since I started planning my wedding 11 years ago, and started considering favors for the first time.

I've been to a lot of weddings over the years, and seldom do I have any inclination to keep the favor, no matter how big and extravagant the wedding is.

The teas, the sweetly packaged candies, the jams, the herb seeds, however...those were used and enjoyed, and brought sweet memories of the weddings and showers they came from.  That's exactly what a favor should do.

Whenever I have an occasion to give favors, I typically choose edible favors.  From my daughter's first birthday party this year, homemade strawberry jam and macarons:




Take a look at these adorable honey favors from a Queen Bee Birthday party, courtesy of No Fuss Fabulous.  While you're there, check out the rest of the party.  Every detail is as exquisitely thought out and presented as the favors.  




Not feeling up to a big DIY project?  There are great options available for purchase online.  

How about these custom-labeled olive oil and vinegars from Beau Coup Fine Favors?




Or these adorable maple syrup jars, also from Beau Coup:



Don't want to give food?  How about these charming basil seed favors from Go Green Eco Favors and Gifts:




A consumable favor can be found to fit any theme out there, and is a great opportunity for an easy, thoughtful DIY project for your wedding.  And it's less likely to end up in the next garage sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment